It's the time of the year for sweets, treats and delicious foods.
While the food is delightful the extra calories can pack on some weight.
The average American gains 1-2 pounds over the holidays, which can add up over time.
Join Civilian Health Personnel Services this month and learn ways to stay healthy and trim during the holidays.
- Walking for Health class, Tuesday, Dec. 4 from noon to 1 p.m. and Wednesday, Dec. 19 from noon to 1 p.m. Meet at the Bubble, Hess Fitness Center
- Healthy Cooking class, Thursday, Dec. 6 from 11 a.m. to noon, in Building 1212 Conference Room or Tuesday, Dec. 11 from noon to 1 p.m. in Building 1289 SouthWest, Conference Room
- Staying Healthy During the Holidays class, Monday, Dec. 10 from 11 a.m. to noon, Building 533, Warrior Fitness Center, Health and Wellness Classroom or Thursday, Dec. 13, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., Building 1283 Conference Room
- Flu Prevention and Self Care class, Tuesday, Dec. 11 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., Building 533, Warrior Fitness Center, HAWC classroom
- Santa Run 5K/10K, Thursday, Dec. 13 at noon, at the Warrior Fitness Center. Call 801-777-2762 to sign up.
To sign up for classes, or to receive more information, contact Ellie at 801-586-9584 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also receive more information by enrolling with CHPS, log onto www.AFCWellness.com. DoD civilians can use fitness leave time to attend all CHPS events.
CHPS can also offer any of its programs at your worksite. Invite them to do a wellness lunch and learn or briefing at your next staff meeting.