Mass transit solution for Hill AFB
A Public Hearing and Open House conducted by Utah Transit Authority is scheduled on Feb. 18 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Clearfield Community Art Center, Multi-Purpose Room, 140 E. Center St. and an Open House and Information Fair is scheduled on Hill AFB Feb. 20 from 7:30 a.m. to noon at the Base Theater.
These open forums are designed to receive public comment on the additional mass transit solutions for Hill AFB personnel.
UTA will have information pamphlets on the route and the Vanpool program for federal employees.
Individuals wishing to participate in the federal subsidy transit assistance will need to sign up by Feb. 15.
For more information go to www.hill.af.mil “Quick Links” along the bottom right side of the webpage then click on “UTA Front Runner Form.”
After the completed application is approved a Government (TranServe) Debit Visa Card will be issued, which you will use to pay your monthly expenses.
For more information call 777-6144.
Warrior Fitness Center closures
A list of the Warrior Fitness Center areas being closed, during the dates each area will be closed is listed below.
• Feb. 13 – two basketball courts, racquetball courts, aerobics room will be closed
• Feb. 14 - Facility shutdown for sanding and applying a urethane coating
• Feb. 14-18 – The Facility will be closed.
• Feb. 19-23 - The facility will be open, but both basketball courts, racquetball courts, and group exercise room will be closed.
Speed limit change
A traffic speed limit change will take place on Southbound Wardleigh Rd just North of Building 1515, the 309th Maintenance Software Group after Feb. 20 near the railroad tracks.
The speed limit will change from its current 30 mph to 25 mph limit.
Hill AFB National Prayer Breakfast
The Hill AFB National Prayer Breakfast will be held Feb. 26 from 7:15 a.m. to 9 a.m. at the Hill Aerospace Museum. Participants are asked to wear their uniform of the day for military attending or business casual for civilian employees.
The keynote speaker is Dr. Robert J. Wicks, Psy D., a professor and inspirational speaker and author of the book “Bounce: Living the Resilient Life.”
Tickets are $5 and may be purchased through the 75th ABW Protocol office at 777-5565 or email email@example.com or Chaplain (Capt.) Steven Cuneio at 777-2106 or email him at Steven.Cuneio@us.af.mil A complimentary copy of Dr. Wick’s book “Perspective: The Calm Within the Storm” to the first 300 people that RSVP.
75th ABW designates training days
The 75th Air Base Wing has designated the second Wednesday of each month as a “Training Day.”
The training days schedule is March 12, April 9, May 14, June 11, July 9, Aug. 13, Sept. 10, Oct. 8, Nov. 12 and Dec. 10.
During these training days the 75th Medical Group, including the base pharmacy, will be closed. No changes will be made to the appointment process.
Other ABW Organizations will be open, but with minimal staff.
Customers are recommended to conduct business on other days of each month.
AEF Family Retreat for married airmen
Another AEF Family retreat will be held at Wolf Creek Resort from March 14-16 for married Airmen and their families.
Team Hill Airmen who wish to attend contact should contact their unit’s First Sergeant.
The registration fee is $50.
Munitions Inventory to be conducted
The 649th Munitions Squadron will be conducting 100 percent inventories of the Base (FV2027), Test (FV2171), and STAMP (FV2304) stockpiles from March 3 to 31.
All Base, Test, and STAMP customers requiring munitions support during this timeframe must deliver the applicable documentation to the Custody Accounts section no later than Feb. 18.
During the inventories, the only transactions that will be supported are emergency requests approved in writing by the group commander or equivalent.
Please direct any questions to Staff Sgt. Westley Smith at 775-2964, Staff Sgt. Chad Spuhler at 586-8498 or Technical Sgt. Lisa Prue at 777-6574.
Hill AFB to hold blood drive
Take the time to sign-up for the upcoming Hill Air Force Base blood drive.
Officials said the January was a huge success with 46 people attending and 37 donating.
However, the base would like to see participation stepped-up to the next level this month.
Our February goal is 80 donors, so please come out to make this drive a success.
• Who: American Red Cross
• What: Base Blood Drive
• When: Feb. 21 from 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
• Where: Medical Training, Building 568
• How: To sign-up, visit VolunteerSpot.com and pick a 15 minute time-block for appointment.
Donors should plan 60 minutes for entire process.
For more information, call Capt. J. Michael Murphy at 801-777-0547.
Women’s Program planning events
HILL AIR FORCE BASE — The Federal Women’s Program is planning numerous upcoming events to support the recognition, training and promotion of Civilian Women at Hill AFB.
Lunch & Learn Opportunities
The lunch and learn events are scheduled for the second Thursday of each month, except in March, at Building 1231, Room 6 from 11 a.m. to noon.
• Feb. 13 — Former FWP Manager, Linda Larsen, will present “Friendship = Networking.” These casual events pack a powerful punch to your profession and work/life balance.
• Feb. 12-13 — Friends of the Federal Women’s Program will pick up and deliver Valentine’s cookies. Proceeds go to the FFWP Scholarship fund, which is presented at the Women’s History Luncheon.
In cooperation with the March 2014 Women’s History Events, funds will be raised through a Bake Sales at the Commissary on Jan. 24 and Feb. 14 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Women’s History Month activities
• March 1 — Deadline to submit FFWP Scholarship Application. (Website contains application form and submission instructions.)
• March 5 — Women’s Service Event; Dr. Seuss reading at Hillfield Elementary at 9 a.m. Celebrating Dr. Seuss’ 110th Birthday on March 2, 1904.
• March 6 — FFWP Lunch & Learn: “Check Before You Invest; Keep Your Money Safe,” Building 1231, Room 6 from 11 a.m. to noon.
• March 13 — Women’s History Luncheon; Celebrating Women of Character, Courage and Commitment. Guest Speaker: 1st Lt. Nell Bright, retired WASP.
• March 20 — “Run In To Spring” 5K Meet at the HAWC.
• March 27 — Cross Fit @ the Bubble. Three classes offered: 11 a.m., noon and 1 p.m.
— Hilltop Times Staff