The TriCare Dental Plan (TDP) provides comprehensive dental care for more than 2 million enrollees worldwide including active duty family members and members of the Selected Reserve, Individual Ready Reserve and their eligible family members. Beginning May 1, the TDP will be administered by MetLife which will manage enrollment, claims processing and customer service.
Members will receive a welcome package and new enrollment card in the mail before the May 1 start date. Members who pay premiums through electronic funds transfer (EFT) should contact MetLife before April 20 to reauthorize payment to prevent a break in coverage. Rates will reset annually every Feb. 1.
The new contract with MetLife decreases first-year premiums from current rates for each enrollment category and enhances the following member benefits:
- Coverage of posterior resin (tooth colored/white) fillings.
- Increase in annual maximum coverage from $1,200 to $1,300 per enrollee.
- Increase in lifetime orthodontic maximum from $1,500 to $1,750.
- $1,200 per year for services related to dental treatment due to an accident as defined in the TDP benefit booklet.
- No cost-shares for scaling and root planing (deep cleaning) for diabetics (additional expenses can be incurred for out-of-network dentists).
A new TDP web site is available with the "find a dentist" feature and link to beneficiary web enrollment (BWE) to enroll, complete claims, and access billing information: https://mybenefits.metlife.com/tricare. Benefit updates continue to be available via email alert by subscribing at www.tricare.mil/subscriptions. Phone numbers are: continental United States -- 1-855-MET-TDP1 (1-855-638-8371), Outside the continental United States -- 1-855-MET-TDP2 (1-855-638-8372) and TDD/TDY service for the hearing impaired: 1-855-MET-TDP3 (1-855-638-8373).